Eco-friendly cleaning products have improved so much over the last few years. Laundry and home cleaning can be much more pleasant when you aren’t breathing harsh fumes and chemical odors. Plus, it makes you feel better knowing you are helping the environment and not exposing yourself and your family and pets to those harsh chemicals.
Many eco-friendly products come in sustainable packaging that doesn’t add to Earth’s load of litter and pollution, plus the ingredients themselves don’t harm our drinking water sources.
Vinegar and water make a great cleaner for windows and some hard surfaces. But if you want to buy premade eco-friendly products with great scents, or some with none, I have some of my favorites below.
- Everyday Cleaning
- Dishes and Kitchen
- Wrapping Up
Check out these eco-friendly home cleaning products. You might find your next fave!
Method All Purpose Natural Surface Cleaning Spray Clementine
- Natural Surface Cleaner
- With Non-Toxic Plant-Based POWERGREEN™ Technology
- Cuts Grease and Grime
Warning: May incite spontaneous bursts of cleaning.
Earthy Edith’s Natural Bathroom Cleaner
A sustainable way to kill germs and make your bathroom shine.
Natural cleaning products from Earthy Edith’s like the Natural Bathroom Cleaner are made from non-toxic ingredients like distilled water, organic essential oils, and organic distilled white vinegar – all safe, effective, and chemical-free.
This all-purpose cleaning spray uses distilled white vinegar with a high level of acidity to chemically change the proteins and fats in hazardous germs, and destroy their cell structures, meaning your house is bacteria and microbe-free! With a clean and minty scent from essential oils, this bathroom cleaning spray comes in a reusable glass spray bottle and refills are available.
Plus, the Earthy Edith’s factory in America is zero waste – and uses reusable and recyclable materials in nearly every step of production!
Suggested: Eco-Friendly Home Cleaning Supplies
Dishes and Kitchen
Puracy Dishwasher Detergent Packs
I’m pretty impressed with how this natural dishwasher detergent works to get your dishes clean.
- Spotless, sparkling, squeaky-clean dishes, no matter how hard your water is
- 50 dishwasher loads per 50-pack pouch
- Unmatched research and development: 3rd generation formula developed by a chemist with more than 20 years of dishwasher detergent formulation experience
- Independently tested by Puracy customers who expressed concern about the performance of our Gen 1 and 2 detergent packs
- Enzyme-powered efficacy: Advanced plant-derived enzymes quickly target and break down stubborn foods and stains without the need to pre-soak or pre-rinse (scrape, don’t rinse)
- Zero water spots, smells, or residue; mineral-based water softeners leave glasses crystal clear and dishes squeaky clean, even in hard water
- Use on all dishwasher-safe items; clear results on ceramic, baby bottles, toys, pots, pans, casserole dishes, glass, plastic, silicone, crystal, porcelain, metals, and any surface safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher
- No harsh chemicals; free from phosphates, SLES, parabens, chlorine bleach, petrochemicals, animal by-products, dyes, perfumes, phthalates, caustics, and other harsh ingredients
Puracy Dish Soap
Organic Lemongrass or Green Tea and Lime scents. Three-pack. Only use 1 teaspoon per sinkful of dishes.
- Developed by doctors, trusted by families everywhere.
- Each bottle tackles 160 sinks full of dishes per bottle.
- No sulfates (e.g. SLS, SLES), triclosan, parabens, phosphates, MEA, DEA, TEA, animal by-products, petrochemicals, dyes, or caustics
- Naturally derived, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, vegan, and biodegradable
- Our proprietary blend of coconut-based cleansers cuts through grease and food to provide a deep clean.
- Vegetable-based moisturizers naturally soften skin while Himalayan pink sea salt restores balance.
- Safe for gray water and septic systems
- Never tested on animals and Certified Cruelty-Free
Nature First Soap Berry Laundry Pods
Make the switch from your classic laundry pods to the Soap Berry Laundry Pods from Nature First! Made from soap berries that are wild-harvested from the Sapindus mukorossi tree in the foothills of the Himalayas, and produced using a proprietary natural water extraction method to pull the super-concentrated cleansing agents (saponin surfactants) to create a soap berry concentrate, this laundry detergent is super-concentrated, effective, and consistent.
It is packaged plastic-free, and contains no fragrances, dyes, or toxins (and is cruelty-free and vegan!) It is stain-removing, color-safe, and fabric softening, and can be used on all fabric types. Plus, it is biodegradable, and safe for both Standard and HE machines!
Tru Earth Lilac Breeze Laundry Detergent Strips
Switch from plastic-packaged laundry products with the Lilac Breeze Laundry Detergent Strips from Tru Earth! Made with plastic free packaging, this eco-friendly laundry strip is readily biodegradable and free from harsh chemicals like parabens or phosphates. It packs ultra-concentrated, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent that you just toss in the wash – making laundry simple! Plus it’s vegan, certified hypoallergenic, and great for sensitive skin.
Dropps Fabric Softener Pods
I love that you can stick these in the washer alongside your detergent and get great fabric-softening and clean-smelling clothes.
Ditch your wasteful dryer sheets and fabric softeners packaged in single-use plastic containers and make the sustainable switch to the Fabric Softener Pods from Dropps! With effective, plant-based ingredients, fabric softener pod works hard to make your clothes smell and feel great! They’re compatible with all washing machine types and contain no colorants or dyes, phthalates, parabens, QUATS, methylisothiazolinone, or preservatives. Just pop one into the machine drum alongside a detergent pod, and notice how your clothes come out smelling and feeling great. Simple, clean, and convenient – that’s Dropps!
Suggested: Eco-Friendly Home Cleaning Supplies
There is a pretty good lineup of natural eco-friendly cleaning supplies I know you’ll love like I do. They really aren’t any more expensive than our normal commercial, chemical products and in some cases cost even less.
I hope you are inspired to try these brands and help our planet and your household while you’re at it.
Thank you for reading today. I appreciate you visiting Bodyluminate.