Probiotics have been quite the buzzword in nutrition and beauty circles. You probably know about them or even take them (hopefully). There is a lot of variation between brands and formulas so here I’ll share with you the best-rated probiotic supplements and what I think are the best quality.
I’m a big believer in the health properties of probiotics. Since the gut is one of our biggest detoxing organs, it makes sense to help it work its magic a lot easier and better.
- Benefits of Probiotics
- Best-Rated Probiotic That Targets Unwanted Bacteria
- Life Extension FLORASSIST GI with Phage Technology
- Best-Rated Probiotic for Lowering LDL Cholesterol & Heart Health
- Microbiome Plus
- Best-Rated Food-Derived Prebiotic, Probiotic, & Postbiotic Formula
- Essential Formulas Dr Ohhira’s Probiotics® Original Formula
- Finishing Up – Best-Rated Probiotic Supplements
Benefits of Probiotics
- Multi-strain probiotics are more effective than single strain probiotic supplements, like acidophillus. There’s nothing wrong with acidophilus, more variety is better.
- Some strains of probiotics can absorb heavy metals, lead, and cadmium (Lactobacillus rhamnosus).
- Probiotics create a microbiome that helps keep pathogens and bacteria (like e. coli) from latching on and so they pass through.
- Probiotics stimulate the immune system and regulate inflammatory responses. They help promote the production of anti-inflammatory cells that fight invaders. 80% of your immune system is in your gut.
- Brain function is influenced by the gut through the vagus nerve. Studies have shown that probiotics improve cognitive behavior in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Probiotics also help heal leaky gut, IBD, and colitis. Check with your doctor if you have one of those conditions.
Having a really high CFU doesn’t mean it’s better. Taking a formula that is shown to work synergistically is better than mega-high CFU’s.
Check out these best-rated probiotics for specific concerns. I’ve included probiotics that target unwanted bacteria, a heart-healthy probiotic, and a natural, food-derived probiotic, fermented for three years. I think you’ll find the one for you.
Suggested: Top Natural & Organic Grooming Gifts for Men
Best-Rated Probiotic That Targets Unwanted Bacteria
Life Extension FLORASSIST GI with Phage Technology
This Life Extension probiotic actually targets bad bacteria that cause stomach upset and other problems and increases the good flora for excellent gut health. It increases the absorption of nutrients and keeps waste flowing through.
This is a scientifically tested probiotic. It is designed to survive the stomach and activate in the lower intestines. It contains seven synergistic probiotic strains.
The Tetraphage blend: A bacteriophage is a tiny bundle of DNA or RNA wrapped in a protein bundle. This blend targets four specific unwanted bacteria, attaching itself to them while encouraging the growth of healthy flora.
State of the art probiotic!
Best-Rated Probiotic for Lowering LDL Cholesterol & Heart Health
Microbiome Plus is an award-winning probiotic that includes prebiotics as well as probiotics. Prebiotics feed the probiotic strains so they last longer in your system.
Scientifically formulated, clinically tested, and doctor recommended, this probiotic combo helps increase Vitamin D levels, helps lower the bad LDL cholesterol, and is just plain good for gastrointestinal and immune health.
Best-Rated Food-Derived Prebiotic, Probiotic, & Postbiotic Formula
Essential Formulas Dr Ohhira’s Probiotics® Original Formula
Japanese microbiologist Dr. Lichiroh Ohhira formulated this amazing probiotic. Natural, healthy foods fermented for three years as prebiotics and 12 strains of probiotics grown together.
Absolutely all-natural and non-GMO. Check this one out.
- Prebiotic Whole Foods: Fruit, vegetables, mushrooms, seaweed
- Live Probiotics: 12 select strains grown together never freeze-dried
- Postbiotic Metabolites: Health promoting nutrients
Free Of: Milk, egg, fish, tree nuts, wheat (gluten), peanuts, pesticides, herbicides, and soy allergens
Suggested: Thrive Market Review: Organic Foods and More
Finishing Up – Best-Rated Probiotic Supplements
Thank you for visiting bodyluminate.com. I hope you found the perfect probiotic for you. Probiotics are so important for our immune system, and of course, our gut. Help your body get rid of toxins and harmful bacteria with a good probiotic. It’s amazing how much better you can feel with the right one.
I’m impressed with all three of these probiotics. You really can’t go wrong.
If you have any questions, comments, or want to share your experience with probiotics, please leave them in the Comments section below. Thank you!